Tuesday 24 January 2012

Shop : Bradley's Fishmonger

I always like to keep an eye out for places to get interesting ingredients, and browsing the internet brought me to http://www.frozenfishdirect.co.uk , which is also known as Bradleys.


They sell mainly frozen fish for delivery, but I noticed that they're only a few miles away from me in Feltham, England and they've got a factory shop. I paid them a visit today, and I think I'll be going back. It's in the middle of an industrial estate, and I get the impression that quite a few of their customers are local restaurants. 

At one point I was directed towards a large walk-in freezer, and as another customer left, he closed the door on me. Thanks for that, feller, I've seen too many movies where gangsters do away with people by locking them in freezers. I wonder how long a man can survive by sucking the moisture from frozen haddock?

There was loads of interesting stuff for what appears to be decent value (Soft shelled crabs are £18 for 14. This comes to about £1.30 each, which is almost HALF what I was previously paying!)


Here's today's bounty:


A frozen dressed crab, some Mussels, Blue Swimming Crabs, SNAILS, and FROGS LEGS!

I've never had frogs legs before, so I'm going to give them a crack tonight. I'm not sure if my wife will give them a try though.

No comments:

Post a Comment